Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Tee Shirt = Unlawful conduct.

Update: BZ hit me with the Daily KOS's article from Cindy herself:

"I was never told that I couldn't wear that shirt into the Congress. I was never asked to take it off or zip my jacket back up. If I had been asked to do any of those things...I would have, and written about the suppression of my freedom of speech later. I was immediately, and roughly (I have the bruises and muscle spasms to prove it) hauled off and arrested for "unlawful conduct."

Spread the word on this, people.
-----------
As I was sitting with BZ and NF about to watch Chucklenutz, "Why should I discuss it with" Russert mumbles an aside about Cindy Sheehan being arrested. As the moron prattled on about freedom and "tough debates can be conducted in a civil tone," Cindy Sheehan was being dragged away in handcuffs. Why the break from acting "in a spirit of good will and respect for one another"? She was wearing a tee shirt. Great way to "honor our brave troops," and "never forget the sacrifices of America's military families."

The first link is to Kayo, a great poet who has a hillarious quote about Tim Russert in one of his poems, the second is a link to NBC's story on Sheehan. They couldn't mention someone being arrested for wearing a tee shirt while the thing was on the air? Aside from the first quote, which is a hotlink, all other quotes are from Chucklnutz's speech tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home