Thursday, March 30, 2006

Four great concerts I can't go to...

...between various states of sickness and awayness, but you should. Dammit.

TONIGHT: Aliza Hava, CBs Gallery (313 Bowery) 8pm. Awesome singer/songwriter I bumped into at Shamirpower's ANARCHIST SHABBAS (the revenge). She plays some mean covers, and some amazing originals. I was going to go, but I'm coughing up all sortsa nasty crap from this respiratory infection.

TOMORROW: Jenn Lindsay, Freddy's Bar and Backroom, 485 Dean St (6th Ave) BK, 1opm. Jenn Lindsay is awesome. I've been listening to her for over four years, and she's a fantastic listen. Go, listen, be amazed.

SATURDAY: They probably don't need my help, but SUPREME SUPREME sounds of Blackalicious, the Lifesavas, along with Pigeon John and Fatlip are going down at BB King's at 1o:30pm. Blackalicious and the Lifesavas are two of my favorite hip hop crews, very much recommend checking them out (if there are tickets left).

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY: Melissa Ferrick returns to us for her annual spring homage to the Bowery Ballroom. Last year, it was right after Pesach ended and it was so incredible to get to release that energy. Oh, this year, to remind me of what I'm missing, she's also got Erin McKeown with her, who's another incredible performer.

To sum up, four ass kicking women with guitars surround an amazing night of the Quannum hip hop crew. And I'm missing all of it. So don't just sit there, go and bring the feast to your ears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home