Monday, November 21, 2005

Goblet of Flame-out...

Okay. Let me preface this by saying I'm not the biggest Harry Potter fanatic in the world, though I must be in the top million or so. I don't get dressed up for the book premieres, though I do read them for 10 hours at a time. I don't own any Harry Potter shwag (aside from the books, of course), but I do read Mugglenet and did lead a text discussion at the National Havurah Institute's Summer gathering about book six.

I'm sure the five of you that read this will all throw things at me when you find out that, despite what the newspapers may say, I thought Goblet of Fire was not that good, at all. I blame myself, really, for staying up Thursday night and re-reading some of GOF in anticipation. Without going into details that may ruin it for you, I'll simply say that if you're borderline Potter obsessed and you like the movies that are closer to the books, you won't enjoy this. However, if you like the movies, and half read the book once, you'll like it.

SO THOROUGHLY DISAPPOINTED. See Good Night, and Good Luck instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home