Wednesday, December 14, 2005

"Don't Cut and Run on the War on Christmas"

Props to Mobius (via Jewschool) for the hysterical, ranterific Sam Seder brings order (ahahaha) to the "War on Christmas". Somehow, in a country where Christmas is a legal holiday, where our eardrums our pounded from the last notes of Alice's Restaurant to Three Kings Day with Christmas songs, people still believe there's a war on Christmas.

Is there a reason Happy Holidays is so terrible? Not that I mind if people wish me a "Merry Christmas", but why is respecting difference so fucking terrible? Doesn't seem very Christian, if you ask me.

Another papercut to the heart of separation of church and state. You want to celebrate your religion, awesome! There's just no need to foist it on me. I wonder, tho, if these clowns who are so gung ho about celebrating their religion will sing "Echad Mi Yodea" Ashkenazi-pound-on-the-table stylee for their spring concerts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home