Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The mansions of Camelot Circle, Random Road, and Olde English (800) Lane...

Yesterday, we were in a very wealthy neighborhood. Extremely wealthy. Some of the biggest houses I've seen, and we were walking five minutes up a hill to get to a door. Some of the doors, to be honest, I had to stop and catch my breath before I rang the doorbell. But as I tell my canvassers, go to each door with an open mind. Sometimes, the nicest people in any given day are at the biggest house. Yesterday, my favorite door belonged to a local government official who's a Republican. This person, after telling me he couldn't answer any questions about who he was supporting, told me that I didn't have to worry about that household, and wished me luck as the person thought 'this might be a rough neighborhood, but we're rooting for you. go get em!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home